My 10 Day Direct Day Game Challenge

Go down

My 10 Day Direct Day Game Challenge

Post  Peacock on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:37 am

Hey Guys,

I've made a pretty important decision for myself.. and that is as follows: I want to get as good as possible at direct day game.

My challenge is to get as many approaches done (direct), as many of those as possible leading to conversations, and as many of them as possible leading to #-closes.. after the 10 days, my progress will have been recorded and then i'll measure how well i know direct day game by my consistency in opening/closing direct. It's actually a really hard thing to measure.. but i just want an improvement in my direct game - if i feel i've gotten better, i will be satisfied!

So, I'm going to be recording my progress day by day as i attempt direct approaches - This will include: The lines i used, the things i learnt about delivery etc., my amount of number closes from direct since starting this challenge, and whatever else i decide to include.

So, Day 1 of trying direct:

Good Points:
- Direct opener with confidence and authority
- Tease target (Handshake) AND a little bit of obstacle
- Confident frame, etc.
- Humour
- Did a lot of the talking, kept it flowing

Bad Points:

- Didn’t sit down, logistics were a problem
- Not as much kino.. logistics were a problem

Learnt:
- I learnt that you HAVE to commit TOTALLY to the opener... you can't deliver it half-assed.. I deliver most of my openers like that, in case I get rejected, I save some face.. ironically enough, by delivering it half assed, you WILL get rejected.. so Commit COMPLETELY, be PASSIONATE and higher energy and CONFIDENT when delivering the direct opener.

Other Comments:

- I wanted to use: "hey, i thought you looked sooo fucking cute, so I decided to get to know you. So tell me, are you an exciting person?"
- I used something like "Hey, I thought you looked sooo fucking cute, so I HAD to come up and say hi. I'm Basile"
- No number closes from the direct approaches today (I got one close but from a "come hither" motion to a 2-set.. I shall write up the field report and post it, it's an epic story)
Peacock
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My 10 Day Direct Day Game Challenge

Post  Peacock on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:43 am

Day 2

Good Points:
- Committed to Opener – Voice was completely confident
- Alpha Body language (as usual!)

Bad Points:
- Facial expression still uncommitted.. Still have cocky smirk almost as if it’s a joke.. it is my safety net if I get blown out.. Makes girl feel uncomfortable?
- Didn't transition properly
- Should've done more of the talking instead of asking questions and expecting input

Learnt:
- Need to slow down speaking, and add pauses
- Do more talking after opener, instead of relying on their input
- Dont deliver openers for reactions.. do it cos this is what you do.. and u dont give a fuck what people think of that!

Other Comments:
- No number closes
Peacock
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down